We accept 3 and 4 year old qualifying students through the state preschool application process. We currently collaborate with Neighborhood House to supplement family's good health with social services, medical care and family supports for all preschool students. Most students exiting our preschool program attend our K-5 program. We maintain high standards for routine school attendance, few unnecessary absences, and for social, emotional and academic progress that prepares our preschool students to attend our Horton Elementary Kindergarten program. Horton Kindergarten teachers collaborate with the Preschool staff to prepare our 4 and 5 year olds to enter Kindergarten ready to become readers, writers and mathematicians.

School Readiness Preschool Program

Available at 28 school sites, the School Readiness Preschool Program is a available to children ages 3-5 of families living in a targeted area who are not income-eligible for subsidized programs.

  • Provides children and families with comprehensive support services, such as health, mental health, developmental, behavioral, and speech and language assessment and resources.
  • Provides a high quality instructional program guided by early childhood education resource teachers and kindergarten transition resource teachers.

State Preschool Program

Available at 48 sites , the State Preschool Program provides:

  • Free, comprehensive developmental program for children aged 3-5.
  • Part- or full-day program options.
  • Meals.
  • Referrals to health and social services.

Families must meet income eligibility requirements.

To register, families must provide the following documents:

  • PK-12 Enrollment Form
  • Certification of Parent Application
  • Child's Health Record
  • Health Screenings Form
  • California Immunization Registry (CAIR) form
  • Immunization Record
  • Proof of income (pay stubs must be current within 30 days of registration. At least two consecutive pay stubs for the most recent one month"s pay, Leave Service Earnings, Notice of Action or statement from caseworker must be provided).
  • Proof of residence (Acceptable documents: utility bills such as telephone, gas and electric, water, cable, correspondence from the Department of Social Services, or rental agreement.)
  • Enrolling child"s birth certificate
  • Sibling(s) birth certificate
Website by SchoolMessenger Presence. © 2021 Intrado Corporation. All rights reserved.